High Res Image Downloads - Click Here
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CONTACT: Sharon Poynor Public Relations / 415-789-9150, email@example.com
The 38th Annual KPFA CRAFTS & MUSIC FAIR
December 13 & 14, 2008
The KPFA Crafts & Music Fair is the largest weekend holiday fine crafts fair in Northern California drawing thousands of KPFA listeners and supporters for a celebration of arts, music and free speech radio.
Each year, the Fair’s panel of judges selects more than 200 of America’s finest artisans and artists to participate. This much anticipated event offers collectors, craft enthusiasts and holiday shoppers a unique opportunity to purchase high-quality, original, handcrafted work directly from the artists and learn firsthand about their craft. This year, many exhibitors showcase eco-friendly green crafts that utilize repurposed materials and environmentally sensitive techniques.
Visitors listen and dance to live music hosted by popular KPFA personalities. A Food Pavilion offers visitors a chance to eat festive food and rest comfortably. The event benefits KPFA 94.1 fm, the country's first nonprofit listener-sponsored, free speech public radio station. It is the station’s largest off-air fundraiser.
NEW THIS YEAR:
• New line up of artists featuring emerging talent and returning favorites with original, handcrafted, one-of-a-kind holiday gifts, fine crafts and contemporary art.
• Green Crafts by artists who creatively use recycled materials in their work and emphasize sustainability in their practice such as solar powered ceramic kiln firing.
• New partnership with the Arts Providers Alliance of San Francisco (APASF) dedicated to advancing arts in the San Francisco Unified School District. This association of artists and arts organizations is part of the San Francisco Art Commission.
• Fair Trade crafts from around the world and a comfortable Food pavilion to enjoy festive foods.
• New and exciting non-stop live performances on the Fair stage including jazz, hip hop, bluegrass, world music and blues in addition to artist interviews, spoken word by Youth Poets and more. Appearances by local musicians hosted by KPFA 94.1 fm talent.
Saturday, December 13, 2008 (10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) Sunday, December 14, 2008 (10 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.)
Concourse Exhibition Center, 635 8th Street at Brannan in San Francisco. Wheelchair accessible.
The Fair makes it easy for Green Travel providing complimentary shuttles from the Civic Center BART Station, 8th and Market MUNI bus stop, and the Caltrain station at 4th and King Streets. Valet bicycle parking provided by the SF Bicycle Coalition. Carpooling is available with SpaceShare.com.
220 artists are selected by a jury of peers and feature original and contemporary handcrafted items in all media including:
Body Care Products
Fashion – Wearable
Textiles – Decorative
Furniture and Lighting
Gourmet Food Products
Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for persons 65 and over and persons with disabilities. Free for children under 17.
INFO LINE: 510-848-6767 ext. 646
ABOUT KPFA 94.1 FM:
KPFA 94.1 fm is the nation's original listener-sponsored, noncommercial, public radio station founded in 1949. The mission of KPFA is to encourage cultural diversity and pluralistic community expression; to contribute to a lasting understanding between individuals of all nations, creeds and colors; to promote freedom of the press and to serve as a forum for various points of view, and to maintain and independent funding base.
High-resolution JPEG images of arts and crafts are available on the website (link below) or by contacting Sharon Poynor at 415-789-9150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
High Res Image Downloads - Click Here
Quick Facts Press Release - Click Here
Entertainment Press Release - Click Here
APASF Fair Partner Release - Click Here